Thursday, January 7, 2010

I need easy vacuum sealed food recipes for camping, any ideas?

We are camping with 13 people and I don't want to spend all day cooking. We have a vacuum sealer that we use for freezing, but thought maybe we could prepare meals, freeze and store...then boil (like they did on TV) but I have no food vision. What can I prepare ahead, freeze and boil? What can I just throw together in the bag, freeze and boil (not cooked before)? Spaghetti is all I can think of.


Please help.I need easy vacuum sealed food recipes for camping, any ideas?
this is a good idea that I have never heard of.. I don't have a vacuum sealer but maybe now I will look into it..





how about some chili beans? so you can put on top of some dogs or burgers?





mash potatoes


Rice








all I can think of is side dishes. sorry.I need easy vacuum sealed food recipes for camping, any ideas?
Pot roast in au jus, chicken and gravy, beef stew, lentils, beans, pork in bbq sauce, anything in a sauce should be good.
Stew and chili are 2 that come to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment